Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sunset on Mars


Sunset on Mars: in lieu of a post on the landing of Curiosity on Mars, which would be old news anyway. This is older news. The photo is an un-enhanced image taken on May 19, 2005 at 6:08pm by the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit. It's so eerie, isn't it? I've been staring at the sun in the image, thinking about how small and distant it is and how incredible that we've been able to acquire the image at all. The rover, Spirit is still there. Given, NASA hasn't received any communication from it since March 22, 2010, but it's still there. I also thought about how I came across the picture on a blog that has a clown as it's logo. I don't like clowns (IT), but the blog is right down my alley.

 Source: NASA
 Blog source: Like cool

No comments:

Post a Comment