Saturday, February 21, 2015

Food Challenge: Creamy Leek and Pancetta Pappardelle


Mission: Completed


For several months now, I've been cooking the same handful or so recipes. I finally decided to venture out and try new recipes. I wanted to keep the first challenge fairly simple, but I ended up spending more $$ than I was expecting and taking longer to prepare the dish as well. So far, each one of my food challenges will have either few or poorly taken photographs because I feel like a bad Top Chef contestant during a Quick Fire round. Anywho, so first up:

Creamy Leek and Pancetta Pappardelle
Recipe source: Blogging Over Thyme
Changes made to recipe: Doubled it to yield lunch leftovers
Overall flavor: A-

Aesthetics: D
Verdict: A heavy but rather delicious dish.



Update 3/17/15: I tried this dish again, and I have to say it turned out better just with the practice. I substituted the pappardelle with linguine per Elsie's request. The next time I make this dish, I'll probably go back to the pappardelle though. The chewy egginess of it does add to the overall flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment