Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Goat Rodeo Sessions


The Goat Rodeo Sessions first caught my attention because it features Yo Yo Ma. I thought, "what?? Bluegrass?? Yo Yo Ma?? I'm in." The members include Stuart Duncan on fiddle, bassist Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile on mandolin, and the cellist Yo Yo Ma. The tracks are instrumental except for 2 tracks that are sung by Aoife O'Donovan. I'm talking about this as if I know these names, but honestly, I don't. I've only recently heard of Stuart Duncan, who's been playing with Steve Martin (yep, the Jerk - great movie). Also, Chris Thile  was part of Nickel Creek. I really don't know the other band members or the vocalist, but they're all virtuosos in their own right. Steve and I have only been buying $5 albums lately, but this is the only one that we splurged on spending the full $12. Big ballers.

Hear more: Youtube, Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment