Sunday, January 29, 2012

On the Highway

I went to New York several years ago, and came across the store Big Bag. Just seeing the name, I knew it was for me. My brother was with me, and he said he'd buy me one bag (yeah, he's super nice!). I was a poor college student at the time so I was very excited. I decided on a brown laptop Highway bag with maroon vinyl accents. The bag had so many compartments that I thought I was in heaven. After much use and abuse, I had to retire it. It was quite disheartening, but I knew I had to move on. I owned maybe 3 hobo type purses after that but it just wasn't the same. They all looked great but lacked functionality. I think women have a tendency to own so many that the market has a superfluous amount of crappy bags. The first one had a faulty zipper. The second didn't have enough zippered compartments so all my things were lost at the bottom. The third was held closed with a magnetic button so when my purse fell so did the contents. What a girl to do?

I live in California and Highway bags doesn't sell their stuff online. On my 25th birthday, Steve got me a purse but not just any purse. Hot dog, it was a Highway bag. Apparently, he called the store, and they gladly agreed to send it our way. Well, I don't know if they "gladly" agreed, but I'm just assuming because I like them so much. Okay, I just asked Steve if the store was very nice and eager to send the purse, and he said, "yes." I knew it! Anyway, I have to say that when you visit their site and see the little icons of bags, it doesn't do it justice at all. Their webpage is not particularly orgasmic.


No comments:

Post a Comment